I turned 60 this week, let’s reflect on that:
- The good news is I was here to see it, the bad news is I am NOT READY to be 60!!!
- I noticed I don’t hear so well. I’m sure my family noticed this a long time ago. But now the TV sounds like it did when my Nana lived with me. The neighbors at the end of the block know when I’m watching Hallmark movies instead of working.
- I debate every day whether to wear that sample of ‘smooth-lining, Always full-panty protection’ if I’m going somewhere where there is no bathroom for hours (think Women’s March).
- I battle between drinking coffee and wine every day. Then I whine between drinking water and herbal damn tea.
- I have so many great ideas by breakfast, and forget all of them by lunch.
- I still want to wear stilettos but my feet, back and ankles want me to wear serviceable shoes. ” But look at my feet!” I tell them, “they’re soooo cute!”
- No one listens to me…not even my feet.
- Tweezers are my new best friend.
- I hate Windows 10 and I want to kill it.
- In my birthday pics next to my Mom, who is still here to celebrate 60 with me, I see how much I look like her…….and realize how much I act like her.
- A “grateful check” can be anything from my amazing husband, great friends and wonderful family to I-remembered-to-buy-toilet-paper!
- My brother now tells me that telling people they can have their dreams is stupid…but none of my dreams include physical activity, so I’m still good!
And as I wrote that last one…………….the FedEx guy came to my door and delivered this, from that same brother! Oh and yeah, that is me at iFly indoor skydiving….so, I guess I might be ready for 60!
You Just have to Laugh…..
© 2017 Cathy Sikorski